Black History Month
Black History Month began as a way of remembering important people and events in the history of the African diaspora. It’s a fantastic way to celebrate black culture and contribution, especially in the NHS.
We’ve planned a few points of celebration throughout October and we’re encouraging our whole team join in! There are virtual meetings to get involved with, opportunities to hear stories and of course plenty of food and music! Get involved and let’s celebrate together! Our Equality and Diversity (E&D) network and our newly Multi Minority Ethnic Group (MMEG) have helped to put this schedule together.
- Listen to the ROH BHM playlist
- Access resources
- Visit the Health and Wellbeing noticeboard (opposite Café Royale) for information on influential black leaders black leaders and an update on all the events
WEEK TWO: 12-16 OCT
- MMEG (Multi Minority Ethnic Group) Meeting: Friday 16, 2 – 3:30pm
- Anti-Racism workshop: Thursday 15, 9 – 11am
- Equality and Diversity Meeting: Thursday 15, 11am – 12 noon
WEEK THREE: 19-23 OCT
- Join the ‘Inclusive Companies’ webinar on Thursday 22 where they will be honouring Black History Month 10am – 12 noon
- Guest speaker to talk about their experiences (Watch this space - TBC)
WEEK FOUR: 26-30 OCT
- Schwartz Round: My personal experience during COVID: Wednesday 28 12noon – 1pm
- Food and Music!