ROH Chief Executive shortlisted at prestigious HR Excellence Awards
We are thrilled that Jo Williams, Chief Executive at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, has been shortlisted at the prestigious HR Excellence awards in the ‘Best people-focussed CEO’ category.
Reacting to her shortlisting, Jo commented: “I'm delighted to be shortlisted in this award. I work with some fantastic leaders across the Trust, all who are caring for our workforce making sure people feel valued and that they can be their authentic self.”
Tim Pile, Trust Chairman at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital said: “Jo is unrelentingly focussed on people. It is the cornerstone of her management philosophy and leadership style and the reason she has achieved so much. Her work really matters because her impact and legacy will not only be felt by the team she leads but is reflected in the care that her team deliver to communities - care that truly changes lives.”
HR Excellence said: “This is a fantastic achievement and recognises the quality and innovative nature of the work you and your HR team are doing.”
Jo Williams has built an incredible culture which prioritises wellbeing while delivering tremendous value. She has done this by putting people first. In her four years as CEO, Jo has led The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital on a journey of strategic transformation which has resulted in impressive achievements, awards, outstanding staff experience and being ranked ‘the most inclusive NHS organisation in the UK.’
Jo drives the Trust wellbeing agenda, making wellbeing of our colleagues a guiding principle in everything that we do. Jo has helped facilitate the creation of an all-encompassing wellbeing programme for the teams which includes flexible working arrangements, access to financial support, a purpose-built Wellbeing Room and initiatives to support with the cost of living.
The full list of shortlisted organisations and categories can be found here: https://www.hrexcellenceawards.com/shortlist-2022
The winners will be announced during an awards ceremony on Tuesday 6 December at The Brewery, London.
Notes to Editors:
- The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest specialist orthopaedic units in Europe, offering planned orthopaedic surgery to people locally, nationally, and internationally.
- The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital achieved 'Disability Confident Leader' status in April 2022.
- In 2021 the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital was ranked in the top 50 inclusive UK employers, and the most inclusive NHS employer in the UK.
- You can follow the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital on social media:
- Twitter https://twitter.com/ROHNHSFT
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rohnhsft
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-royal-orthopaedic-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/
- Instagram at @ROHNHSFT