MSK Transformation Programme
Why do we need to transform local MSK services?
Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions affect many people and can affect your joints, bones and muscles and sometimes tissues such as your nerves. They can range from minor injuries to long-term conditions.
The Birmingham and Solihull Integrated Care System is collaborating on a programme to improve MSK health and services.
- Over 22% of people are physically inactive, leading to lots of joint, bone and muscle problems.
- 30% of all our GP appointments are related to MSK conditions like back pain.
- Access to services is not equitable.
- We don’t do enough to help people self-manage their conditions at home.
- We don’t do enough to help prevent MSK issues from happening.
The MSK Transformation Programme
We established the MSK Transformation Programme in June 2021 to improve MSK services in Birmingham and Solihull.
Find out more
Click on the menu items to find out more, or email