Plan my visit
Which site are you visiting?
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Bristol Road South
Depending on where you are travelling from, you may need to drive through the Birmingham Clean Air Zone to get to us. The Clean Air Zone will help tackle Birmingham’s air quality problem by charging the owners of the most polluting vehicles £8 per day for cars, taxi and LGVs and £50 a day for coaches, buses and HGVs. A non-compliant vehicle driving in the zone will pay once for the day, then may drive in the area without limit on that day. More information about how to pay can be found here.
You can check if your vehicle is compliant in the clean air zone here.
Parking on site
Car parking is available for patients and visitors at Gate A and C, the following charges apply:
- Up to 2 hours: £3.80
- Up to 5 hours: £5.00
- Up to 24 hours: £7.50
Ways to pay
The Pay and Display machines accept card payments and coins only. Notes are not accepted.
Cashless parking using the Apcoa mobile app
It's quick and easy to park using the mobile app:
- Download the Apcoa app
- Enter the loacation code: 4012
- Select your vehicle
- Select your duration and pay
Pay by phone
01895 262 122
Blue Badge holders
Blue badge spaces are available in the main car park at Gate C and Gate A. Parking is free to local authority blue badge holders.
Patients with regular appointments
Free parking is available for patients attending more than three appointments per month. You will need to collect a form from the department you are visiting or from the Parking Hut (based in Gate C Car Park)
Patient parking charge concessions – weekly tickets
Reduced car park fees are available for patients in certain circumstances which may require regular or long term visits. Please pick up a form from the ward or department you are visiting or from the welcome desk situated at the main entrance to the Outpatients Department. Please note, weekly tickets cannot be purchased in advance.
Tickets for longer periods may be purchased, with the endorsement of the ward or department. The following charges apply:
- 7 day ticket: £17.50
- 28 day ticket: £50.00
If you have any questions please speak to the on-site car parking team between 7am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday (Gate C Car Park, Parking Hut adjacent to Motorcycle Parking).
For all other enquiries, please contact APCOA Parking (UK) Limited on 0345 301 1151.
If you choose to park off-site, please park considerately and lawfully. Local enforcement is in place.
The Patient Transport Service is provided by West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust.
Patients are responsible for booking their own transport for outpatient appointments, day procedures and regular treatments. NHS staff requesting transport for discharges and transfers should contact WMAS, as follows:
0800 035 6511
Set collection times
All patients attending treatments have a pre-booked collection time. Depending on when your appointment finishes, you may have to wait for your transport to arrive at the agreed time. We want you to be comfortable while you wait. Please ask for support or refreshments if you need them.
You can call the enquiry line to ask about your patient transport:
0121 307 9118.
For hospitals that have WMAS liaison staff on site, they can book patients ready for you and deal with any enquiries.
- The spaces are for use by staff, patients and visitors to the hospital, and for the Trust electric vehicles.
- The spaces are for use by electric vehicles during charging only
- The bays are available for use 24 hours per day and cannot be pre-booked.
- If one of the bays is free then the car can be plugged in to charge and left until charging is complete
- Should both bays be occupied and a vehicle owner wishes to charge their vehicle, they can leave their details at the car parking hut, and receive a phonecall once a bay becomes vacant (this is available between 7am and 6.30pm only, Monday –Friday only)
- Car owners will be responsible for moving their own vehicle once charged, this is not within the remit of Estates and Facilities or APCOA staff.
The APCOA Parking Attendants will include the charging points within their patrols to enforce the correct usage; the following will be classed as non-conformance with this procedure:
- Use of space for parking a non-electric or hybrid vehicle or motorcycle
- Use of space by an electric vehicle when not undergoing charging
- Use of space for more than 5 hours (dependant on the vehicle model, this is sufficient time to reach a fully charged state. Should electric vehicles be parked in the space for more than 5 hours, an increased tariff charge will be charged).
- They already have a blue, orange or purple parking permit for the vehicle
- They are an electric vehicle owner
- They are using the car park for the sole purpose of charging their vehicle.
For information on routes for travelling to the Hospital by bus, train or metro, please visit the Network West Midlands Journey Planner.
A cycle shelter is provided outside the Main Entrance to the Hospital accessed via the Gate C entrance.
Facilities for visitors
Cafe Royale sells a selection of hot and cold food, all cooked on-site by our experienced catering team. Meat, vegetarian and vegan options are available daily.
Cafe opening times
Monday – Friday: 8am – 2pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 1:30pm
Grab & Go
Monday – Friday - 12pm – 6pm
Saturday - 11:30am – 1:30pm
Sunday - 08:30am – 1:30pm
Grab and Go sells a selection of hot and cold sandwiches, drinks and snacks.
Grab and Go opening times
Monday – Friday: 12pm – 6pm
Saturday: 11:30am – 1:30pm
Sunday: 08:30am – 1:30pm
The RVS (Royal Voluntary Service) Coffee shop is located in the Outpatient department and sells hot and cold drinks, a selection of snacks, and other useful items.
There are toilet facilities located in the Outpatient Department, to the right of the main entrance as you enter.
There are toilet faciltiies located in Cafe Royale, accessible via both entrances of the cafe.
Before the entrance to Ward 10, there are toilet facilities. As you cross the balcony into the building, turn right, the toilet is opposite the lift.
A fully accessible toilet facility for staff, patients and visitors with complex disabilities is located in the Outpatients Department, to the right of the main entrance to the hospital.
Free Wi-Fi is available in the hospital.
How to access
- Join the Wi-Fi network 'NHS Wi-Fi'
- Go to your internet browser and enter your name and email address when instructed
Please note, this is a secure, monitored network, so some sites may be restricted.
A cashpoint is located inside the building at the top of the Outpatient corridor, opposite the X-ray Department.
There are green spaces with benches and picnic tables around the Trust for you to enjoy. They are located:
- To the left of the glass corridor at Outpatients
- Behind the Outpatient department
- The Courtyard Garden, in the middle of the site, behind the Trust HQ building
There are Hubs for parcel delivery from Amazon and Inpost. Both are located to the right of the main Outpatient entrance.
We work with an organisation called AccessAble who provide detailed information to help you plan your visit.
A fully accessible Changing Places toilet for staff, patients and visitors with complex disabilities is located in the Outpatients Department, to the right of the main entrance to the hospital.
If you or a family member requires an interpreter, one can be arranged.
If this has not previously been discussed with you or arranged, please contact us on 0121 752 1673 before your appointment.
If you have additional communication needs, please let us know before you arrive at the hospital, so we can help make your visit to the ROH, the best experience for you.
Find out more... (coming soon)